Tuesday, November 27, 2007

An Ideal Vacation


A good friend of mine, Ice, asked me a Ms. Universe kind’a question last week…”If you were given a chance to go out of the country – all expenses paid, where would you go and why?” I wasn’t able reply immediately as I feel I need to give it a deep thought first ( I don’t want to lose in a Ms. Universe Pageant just because of a dumb answer, hahaha!)….and now (finally after 3 days!) here’s how I’ll gonna answer it - if given a chance I would like to go to Italy. Why? Because it’s a perfect tourist spot especially for those people who are artistically inclined like me! (is that a joke? lol!)

Seriously, Ive always been fascinated with Italy's ancient history and culture…I want to explore the magic behind its distinctive landmarks. It seems like there’s always something new to discover in that place…a mystery lying in its walls…a story yet to be told…It has been likened to one vast museum and no other country in the world has such a rich heritage of artistic creativity like it.

I specifically want to visit Rome… here you’ll be able to find the famous “the Coliseum” – one of the greatest architectural feats of ancient history . It was here that gladiators met in mortal combat and condemned prisoners fought off hungry lions. This great symbol of eternal Rome still excites the imagination as you'll see from the hordes waiting to get in. Here you’ll also be able to see the Vatican Museum where it features some of the world's greatest masterpieces by artists such as Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and Raphael. Just thinking of being able to see their work of art (with my own eyes) gives me the thrill and excitement I cannot explain.

It seems like you can never run out of things to do in Rome …You could take pictures and throw coins into Trevi Fountain, climb the famous Spanish Steps and later in the evening enjoy a latte in Piazza Navona . furthermore, finding a place to stay is not a problem…you can chose several Rome hotels that offers the best accommodation package that will suit your specific needs and budget.I suggest that while planning your ultimate vacation, surf the internet and search for Italy hotels that will provide you a discount when you reserve months before your actual stay (most hotels does).

I don't know if my dream of having a vacation there will come true in the near future, what I'm certain about is that given the time and resources - I wont hesitate to fly to Italy for an adventure of a lifetime.


No comments: