Friday, November 30, 2007

Honeymoon Destinations


I'll be turning 28 next year! Wow! How time flies…I used to imagine myself getting married at the age of 23…and now, 5 years after my target age, Im still SINGLE! Well,single in a sense that I'm still not married though I already have a fiancé. We talk about marriage once in a while but were not able to really go into deep discussion about it. As of this point having a family of our own and being tied up to each other for the rest of our lives are far from our minds.



But every womans dream is to get married of course! Since childhood we are taught that being a wife should be one of the ultimate goal of each and every woman (besides being a mother)l …just thinking of walking down the aisle, dressed with a fancy wedding gown, seeing envious eyes staring at you as you meet your prince charming in front of the altar is the best experience a girl could have!



And of course after the wedding, its honeymoon! It’s a way newlyweds celebrate their marriage with seclusion and sexual intimacy. Its so special that you opt to celebrate your union in a place secluded and of course romantic (just thinking about this makes me sigh….)

I’ve read an article about wedding and honeymoon destinations and I’ve learned that there are several Hotels in Berlin (translated version: Hotels in Berlin) that are housed in ancient castles and palaces, after reading that, I think that idea is awesome! Imagine, spending the much awaited night, with the most special person, at a place only kings and queens could use….is such an exciting experience! That will just not end there, in Berlin you could find several romantic things to do such as taking a river cruise and explore different historical cities and vineyard, visit old museums and fascinating landmarks and at night you could dine on their fine and exquisite restaurants. If our budget will allows, I will definitely want to spend at least a night in one of those Berlin Castles, then, for the succeeding days, I could just look for different Hotels in Berlin that offers accommodation at a lesser price.


On the same article on the net was I able to know about Vienna as well . If you also want a honeymoon for royalty (I do!), you could go also to Vienna, Austria and visit the most famous Imperial Palace. You could walk through the doors of the imperial State Apartments…the former private apartments of the imperial family which was now open to the public. If you want to experience being a king and a queen even for a day…you could immerse yourself in the daily life of monarch by visiting this monumental site. You could also find several things to do together in Vienna, also known as the world capital of music...it’s the home of the worlds famous operetta and musical composers such as Joseph Haydn ,Franz Schubert, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Ludwig van Beethoven. . I can’t really think of a more romantic way to spend the evening with your better half than attending the opera’s in Vienna.The selection of venues and performers is huge in Vienna, so whatever time of the year you visit it should be possible to attend one or several concerts, especially in churches. There are also concerts and opera performances that are housed in some Hotels in Vienna (translation: Hotels in Vienna), so you might want to ask for a specialized package for that as well once you book your stay. If you want to experience being a royalty on your honeymoon, you might want to consider going to Berlin or Vienna...but do remember that wherever you choose to celebrate your marriage - be it in the most humble place, the best thing you could offer your better half is not measured on how extravagant your honeymoon experience is but how you let her feel that only being with her for the rest of your life is what really matters.



2 comments:

Helene said...

hummmm...

I have been married almost 20 years now... *cough when did that happen!!?!??!?!* =]

I read this and totally related to your thoughts... but felt I should tell you that you CAN take your honeymoon before you get married! You can profess your love for each other without having to have the license! I think if something would ever happen to my husband I would definitely find another mate, but I wouldnt marry. I think people become to complacent.... Just my opinion though!

I love the castle idea!! How fun!

myles said...

thanks for visiting Kate! Yeah, I agree with you somehow but in a society as conservative as ours (Philippines) - marriage is treated as sacred and honeymoon only follows after that. Hopefully people would here would be as open minded as you are. Thanks again! =)