Thursday, January 24, 2008

Money Matters

it's my rest day today. just stayed home...spent 4 hours in front of the computer and slept for 5 hours. Afternoon was spent reading a book my coach lend me entitled "Making Your Money Work" by Mr. Colayco. It discusses something about saving early if you want to retire early and investing in a mutual fund. Though I've finished reading the 250 page book from cover to cover - I still am not so sure on how to go about it. I dont mean na the book is not good....actually I've learned a lot! From investing, to saving and on having financial freedom. Maybe it's just that - trying to understand on how to invest on a mutual fund-without really having a background on accounting (or someone who doesnt care about compounding and debit credit stuff) is a pain in the ass. My brother Edwin discussed it to me at the hospital when we were waiting for the birth of my youngest nephew and he said that the resources are available - it's just so happen that only few people are aware that such investment exists. I hope government would be pro active in sharing this kind of money management to us Filipinos especially to us - regular employees so that we can expect a bountiful life in the future - debt free.



anyways, I drafted some of the things I want to achive this 2008 (money wise)


- to be able to save at least Php 5,000 / month from my monthly salary - if I continue doing this for a year, it will be accumulated to P60,000 multiplied by 10 years (max. no. of years I intend to work for others) would give me php 600,000. Not much but I think is enough to start my retirement easier for me.

-to be able to pay all my debts, well I only have 2 major debts right now - its bearable but I hope to finish paying for those this year. harinawa.

-i want to invest in a small business... a business that would make me busy and will give me extra income - a business that I would enjoy doing.

- i want to buy a laptop from my hard earned money got for reviewing sites. Hopefully I can buy one this April if I decided not to go to Singapore for our vacation trip. Whatever happens - I hope its God's will.

-and last but not the least, to be able to give God my tithes and offerings...It's been two years since I last went to Church. I want to revive back my faith in God through worship service and fellowship. I asked Jojo to look for a Church near our place. I want to serve God in whatever way I can. Hopefully, this year, I can give my time, money and energy back to Him.




++book pic from mayaman.com+++

No comments: