Monday, December 10, 2007

FINDING HAPPINESS IN SMALL THINGS


I, together with Jojo and Mama, explored DIVISORIA last Sunday. I need to buy some stuff for the house and mama wants to buy gifts for her "inaanaks" but end up buying some small personal stuffs for ourselves! hahaaha.Of course, where else could you find the cheapest finds but in the Market Capital of the Philippines - DIVI. Since I know its a Sunday, I already conditioned myself of the traffic and the possibility of having to see by a lot of people, bumping and pushing each other while eagerly looking for the best deal they could find...making my
shopping task a difficult one. And I was not mistaken, hundreds or may I say thousands of people welcomed us..flooding most ofl the streets in DIVISORIA. At that point, I'm ready to back out, I never imagined the crowd would be this big - but I thought, we've gone this far..I might as well forget about how bad the situation might be and just put in mind the main reason I went here...to shop!

Enough of complaining, who was the one who actually persuade her mom and her boyfriend to go to that place on a Sunday anyway? It's me, isnt it? hahaha! So I'll just present to you some of the things I bought from DIVISORIA
that really made my day...only once a year was I able to visit this place. Last time was last year with my sister who works in Singapore when she came for a vacation.

One of those items I bought was this cute HELLO KITTY watch, believe it or not, I only purchased it for a hundred bucks!
It's so cute, and I love the color - im so into things with a black and white combination so this one is the perfect example of it...


Next is this cute BETTY BOOP bag, I remember when I was in High
School they call me Betty Boop ( I wonder why?hahaha!) and of course I noticed it immediately since it has again a Black and White plus red color combination as well. I grabbed it for only php 200! I was really surprised with the price, normally, this kind'a bag would costs around php 400 - 500 especially in some local department stores.


I also purchased this cute flip flops, hmmm...normally costs php 300 to 400 (
I saw the very same design in Rustans!) and would you believe, it only cost me php 120! I love the Dalmatian like design and of course how white handprint blends with the black base color. Very mimi!

The last "anik anik" I bought that falls into the black and white category is again a cute black and white large shoulder bag...the white polka dots design on a big bag like this m
ade it very classy and convenient to bring as well since Im so fond of big bags (I need to always bring my organizer so I need enough space to put it in). Only now was I able to realize that most of the things I bought from DIVI comprises of two major colors - black and white...hmmm...so redundant but I love it!


Besides those items I showed above I also have found here in DIVI most of my favorite things such
as make-ups (good thing I dont have sensitive skin for cheap cosmetics), coloring pens, big wallet, big shades, hairbrush, a lot of keychains and other small stuff in which prices ranges from php30 to 300! I dont mind buying cheap things as long as its durable and useful.
Let me show you some of it.



We finally decided to eat after 3 hours of roaming around the corners of TUTUBAN mall...unfortunately, all fastfoods and restos are full. I'm was so hungry at that time so I persuaded mama to just eat at CHICKEN BACOLOD INASAL since its the only resto at that time to have few customers. Mama is still hoping to eat at KFC (its her favorite) but no chance to have a seat for three. We've waited for almost 30 minutes for a chance to grab a seat but to no avail... she finally agreed. I cant describe enough how good it feels to finally be able to seat on a flat chair after walking for almost 3 hours, hungry and tired...!

Here are some of the pics taken while we're inside the resto. Took some pictures while waiting for our orders.


<------------Mama wants me to give her a portion of my newly bought VICTORIA SECRET secret crush cologne 125 ml (I purchased for only php450!). How can I refuse? She poured a quarter of it in a small
sprayer....hay.... what can I do? She's my mom!

I'm so hungry! But still manage to smile with the love of
my life who never fails to brighten my day always (yikee!) -------------->


Mama boasts about her bag she purchased for only php 200. Same bag costs php 400-500 if bought from SM.
Nice grab ma!
<-------





Mama and Jojo pose for one last shot while waiting for the rest of our orders to be served.... ----->





Went home at around 6pm...tired but happy.Why? Because I was able to bond with two of the most important persons in my life and was able to buy some cool but cheap stuff. Those things need not be expensive to bring me joy, being able to buy those things with God's financial blessing is enough for me. I'm so happy that God help me find contentment even in the most humble situation... I hope everyone who reads this maybe able to adopt the philosophy of seeing a glass half full instead of half empty and find their happiness as well even on small things. God Bless!



1 comment:

Black_Mamba said...

Great gift suggestions! Mukha ngang napagod kayo sa kaka shopping, andami mong pinamila lol.....

Pareho pala tayong ma-emote haha.....

Off topic, salamat sa link Bb. Emotera. Nai add na rin kita ;)