Saturday, December 08, 2007

EYE OPENER



Rica, my officemate, just recently lost her father. She said it started with a simple asthma attack , and with a lot of complications in the body, led to fatal death. She said there is not a single hint that his dad would leave them very soon since his dad and mom even went on a date and saw a movie the day before that incident. All seems well - just a normal day for the family, and then suddenly..with a blink of an eye, everything has changed….

I came to realize that I'm so fortunate to still have both of my parents alive. I can still talk to them, hug them, pour out my heart and can still make them feel loved. I know death in the family is inevitable, but just thinking I can lose any or both of my parents anytime, without a single hint, is so frightening. Rica’s present situation opened up my eyes and made me realized how much I love my parents and I want to give everything I could just to make them feel loved and cared for.

I searched the net, hoping to find a site that will help me better take care of my parents in the future and was glad to have found Bettercaring. Bettercaring is a dedicated service for anyone who needs answers to crucial questions about care for themselves or their loved ones...Its a site that gives its readers helpful information on how children can better take care of their aging parents and for elders to better take care of themselves if they are living alone or just doesn’t want to bother anyone to look for them. The site even allows you to participate in a forum in which you could ask questions or even share your views with other readers and you can also give your personal advices. You could also write a letter for certain inquiries you may have in relation to caring for elders and the like. If your parents are experiencing health problems, for example, and you feel he/she needs an extra care that you can't provide yourself – you might also want to consider getting the service of CARE HOMES to ensure proper care and assistance suited for their specific needs are provided. Bettercaring also gives several links to different CARE HOMES available in several different areas and even writes a review article about it so you could know the specialization of the specific institution and how much they charge. Its a great site especially for those who are really serious to know how to take better care of their aging parents.


I will do everything to make the remaining days of my parents on earth a comfortable one for them...I will make sure that every passing day, I make them feel loved and cared for. I hope they know that the reason why I'm working very hard is to give them the best life I could offer (as they also did before)...and to Rica, who is in deep despair up to this day, my prayers are always with you. I hope the good Lord would touch your heart and take away the sadness that envelops you and your family. Always remember that your dad's death opened with so many eyes...eyes of those sons and daughters who never even care to make their parents know they love them...eyes of those children who had bitterness or anger towards their mother and father...eyes of those who felt that there is always a next time for them to visit their aging parents...Life is too short, NOW is the best time to make your mom and dad know how much you value them before its too late.


No comments: