Thursday, September 20, 2007

Time Indeed Flies...

Everyday is a new day...every second counts..i remember the song we used to sing in the church that goes something like "teach us oh Lord to number our days" - that is the only thing we cant take back.
This is also the prayer of every prudent man, that the Lord will teach him how to make his days and life count by granting him a heart of wisdom. We need the wisdom of God to know his timings and seasons for our life, for there is indeed a time for everything under the sun. It takes the wisdom of God to always do the right thing at the right time.A wise man once said: "Procastination is the grave in which opportunity is burried.."So from now on, i will make it a point to make my remaining days on earth worthwhile...ive realized i should not waste it on something that has no eternal impact, hahaha! so deep ba, but thats true. I miss the old me, i miss my quiet time alone with the Lord and i know im not the one feeling that way. I know He is waiting for me to take time and speak with Him again like before. Its been two years since I last went to our church, its been a long time and i wonder why God is still holding me and still gives me strenght to wake up each day...still keeps me safe..still keeps me and my family healthy while here I am neglecting him and doing things that I should not be doing in the first place. I need a drastic change, I need to do a drastic move so that I could rekindle the fire for Gods presence. The main purpose of our existence is not just to love, to work and to enjoy...the main reason were still breathing is because God wants us to be a tool for others to know how much He loves them and how He died to give us life. Im certain that some people wont understand but there's a verse in the bible that says:"The gate is narrow and the road is hard, and there are few who find it” (Matthew 7:14). I hope anyone who reads this blog finds the narrow road....and i hope they find it NOW because we dont have all the time in this world, the days of our life here on earth are time limited, we therefore need to number our days so that we can make our journey in life a fruitful, impact-full and memorable one.

A man was once asked how he wished to be remembered when he is dead, and he replied by saying he does not want to be remembered for how long he lived, but how well he lived for others. He wanted his life to count; just like the bible recorded our great saints, who though long dead, yet speaks...I often think how would my friends, officemates, acquaintances and even enemies would remember me when im gone...would it be positive? I think this is the best time to work on it...

How time flies, it seems just like yesterday when I had my first post as a blogger, here I am today...three years in the blogging world. Time indeed waits for no man (or woman), it flies as swiftly as the twinkling of the eye; it is undoubtedly the greatest asset of all.
A wise man once said:
"The fool spends his time, but the wise and prudent invests his"

"But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, You are my God. My times are in your hands;" (Psalm 31: 15);
O Lord, teach me to make the most of my days on earth. Amen



3 comments:

Lena said...

labyu mimi...syang tunay

live life! love life!

ruthie said...

Miss you Mi!

ruthie said...

kala ko me anak ka na....bwahahhaha!