Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bonding Moments with Mother

I really love the feeling of being able to treat my mother out at least twice a month for a lunch or dinner. Spending the day with her with nothing to do but laugh, chat and have a great time gives me the feeling that I'm doing something good in my life. We usually hang out every payday...that's obvious or whenever we have some money spare for it and she would normally sleep over to my place afterwards. We usually go to a mall near our house (most of the time)but are also considering other places such as parks and museums. We also are fond going to bazaars because we are so into cheap cute things and we both have mastered the art of "negotiating" for a lesser price for a product. Through her I was able to know how to value money and how to make the most out of it. I grew up not being able to go to the mall as often as I want (because of financial reasons) but its a good thing now that I do have the resources ... I can do as I please and I could now pay back my dear mother for all the things she've sacrificed for me when I am still depending on her. We're closer now than before - I would usually call her especially when I need her opinion regarding a particular decision I need to make and she usually gives me a lots of mom advice whenever I share to her my problems. Life will not be as happy as it is - now that I am able to see my mother often. Thank you Lord for the my mother and I'm looking forward for a thousand more bonding moments with her...

"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie..." - Tenneva Jordan


No comments: