Sunday, April 03, 2011

Online Degrees

My niece who is now based in California chatted with me Facebook and asked my opinion about how to encourage his son, now on his 3rd year in college to finish his studies. It's just so happen that he refuses to go to school anymore as he already was hired as a salesperson in a nearby grocery store. Though his mom already told her all the con's of not finishing his studies, his son doesnt seem to care anymore. The moment he had his first salary he felt as if he is already in control of his life and doesnt want to follow his mom's advice anymore. I feel for my niece and knows how hard it is for her. She only wants the best for her son and knows that there are better opportunities for him if he could finish his college education. The only thing I could do is to listen to her burdens since I don't have any better option on what she needs to do to change his mind.

That night, I couldn't sleep. I was really affected by her situation. So I tried to think logically and searched the net for any blogs or websites that could provide my niece a better solution to her problem. And I stumbled upon a site that offers online education. As I browsed through the site, I've learned that anyone could now finish their degrees online even without going to the actual school. Their students can study at the comfort of their own home. Wow! I myself was in awe of what these computers can do on our society. It's a huge leap in our technology. It is widely accepted as a form of education in America. I can't wait to tell my niece about this news. I hope his son would take this option for his own good.



Bookmark and Share

No comments: