Saturday, August 23, 2008

Loving and Special Care

I've been sick for almost 5 days last week, good thing, my hubby who is now doing online jobs full time at home has been my personal aide who helped me go to the bathroom, fed me, bought medicines for me so as to make sure that I would feel comfortable. I was so touched by his warm gesture especially when he fell asleep on my side on a sitting position - maybe because of several sleepless nights where I always rely on him to attend to my needs. I am just so fortunate to have someone who is willing and who does have all the time in the world to do those things for me.

After that experience, I began to give more value to my health. I don't want to bother anybody (even if he is my husband) to attend to my needs whenever I am sick. I want to take care of myself and if I am not capable of doing it, I would hire someone that would help me do those things...after giving it some thought - I thought of my mother. My mom is already 63 years old but is still strong and manages to do things herself. I feel that in time, I know and its inevitable, that my mom's strength to do those things she used to do will slowly vanish and would soon need to rely to someone to help her do daily chores. I am more than happy to take care of mom when that time comes but since I know my mother a lot (we do have the same perspective in life) - I believe she would rather hire someone to help her do her daily chores rather than bother any of her children. It would also give her a sense of independence knowing she is able to manage everything her way. I was able to browse the net and stumble upon Fresno homecare which provides one one one in-home care for elderly which would allow them to maintain independence of their daily routines and familiar surroundings in their own homes. I know mom would be happy to know about this - she is a tough mom and used to do things her own way, but there are some things we cant control such as aging - but I am happy that there are institutions like these who offers such service. I know that the remaining days of my mothers life would be enjoyable and comfortable as there are a lot of us who wants nothing but to make her happy.





No comments: